17 Apr 2010

I MET MAXINE IN BRUSSELS

more participants here

Never in my life would I have imagined to meet Maxine life in Brussels or more exactly in Waterloo in a restaurant, where she had lunch with an unknown man.

I recognized her immediately and faked to take pictures of the open fire behind her. She didn't notice that I took pictures, I suppose she probably was spending some time in Belgium, because she is completely unknown here. Nobody knows Maxine. Must have been heaven on earth for her to once be able to eat in peace and icognito. Only there was one bad woman .... me !











PS. For those who don't know Maxine : Maxine is a comic character featured on Hallmark greeting cards and other products. She first appeared on greeting cards when Hallmark launched the Shoebox line of cards in 1986. Hallmark artist John Wagner created the character. She is known for her cantankerous and cynical attitude.

20 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina;) I don't know who Maxine is. Do enlighten... Thanks for taking over Pet Pride. I'm back in the Sudan and will be posting there again now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He he he that is hilarious, she is Maxine. Poor Jo hasn't met Maxine we'll have to send her some emails.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are SO LUCKY!WOW. Thank you so much for sharing this. I never thought she looks so much like the cartoon and HOW COOL is that for you!
    thank you for joining us this week. Welcome!
    Have you a great weekend!
    hugs
    shakira

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG...that is so funny. And a perfect fit my friend. Pretending to take a photo of the fire LOL You are just evil I tell you...pure evil ROFLMAO! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My GOD!!! It IS her!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang!!!! But she is the spitting image of her, isn't she?!!!

    Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am laughing so hard I might choke on my coffee! She really does look like Maxine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so funny...I would have done the same thing..sneaking a photo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is wonderful! How exciting that you spotted Maxine alive and in person. LOL! Oh that poor lady if she ever shows up in America ....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Spot on Gattina and thanks for the laugh! Your "subject" was an uncanny match for Maxine. Lessons I'm taking away from your photo though: 1. NEVER wear shiny hose--adds 10 lbs. to your legs,and 2. keep your knees together even under the table. . .

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are the new paparazzi, now!!! I didn't know her but it's right, no doubt, she looks like the cartoon's woman!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like people who have a sense of humor,
    lovely post,
    Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/04/17/weekend-funnies-week-6-funny-farm-continued/

    mine is up,
    I am less able,
    thus be gentle,
    welcome to my page!

    ReplyDelete
  14. bwaaaaa ha ha ha ha. IT IS!!!!


    How about a Shitzu and a Jack Russel? JackShit?

    ReplyDelete
  15. the other gal on the far right.. she was giving you dagger eyes!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is so, so funny!
    Great of you to spot the similarity-it's uncanny.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh that is SO funny! Darn if she doesn't look JUST like her! WOW! I wonder how often people tell her that!? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE Maxine and I thought the lady looked liked her before I even began reading. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !