28 Jan 2016

THE VIRGIN MARY IN MY DISHWASHER

A miracle happened ! I saw the Madonna, not the one who sings "I am a virgin" and isn't, but the real one !



When I opened my dishwasher to put in a plate, I saw something strange laying on the filter. I took it out and had a closer look ! It was a little statue of the Virgin Mary ! In MY dishwasher ! Now why did she choose my dishwasher ? I am protestant and don't have St. Mary's statues in my house I don't believe either that she is a Saint. Maybe by her appearance she wanted to give me a sign ?

I asked Mr. G. he is catholic and used to deal with Holy Marys, but he claimed his innocence he had no clue how this little statue landed in our dishwasher. I looked at my cats, maybe they brought it in taking it for a little mouse ? But that doesn't explain why I found it in the dishwasher. So far my cats are not yet trained to put their bowls in the dishwasher.

I raked my brain and found really nothing. The only explanation would be that it had been in a cake for Christmas, but that's a long time ago and meanwhile lots of dishes had been washed. So we still have no idea.

Meanwhile I keep the little statue as a sign of good luck, it doesn't happen very often that St. Mary appears nowadays and certainly not in a dishwasher ! .




Linking to Jenny's Warm heart Wednesday

18 comments:

  1. OH MY WORD! That is the funniest post ever!I cracked up when you said your cats aren't trained to put their bowls in the dishwasher. Imagine that you found this little statue in your dishwasher. Perhaps it was INSIDE the cake and you didn't see it. Seeing this lady isn't so common these days, so she will bring you luck! Please let us know if you solve the mystery. Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very clean St Mary i should think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gattina - what fun ... and must be from Christmas or one of Toby's toys .. but yes - where from! Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an amazing story. If you ever discover the culprit who put it in your dishwasher please let us know. I love mysteries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How odd. It could only mean something good. I was raised Catholic. We never called her St. Mary. We called her Mary or Mother Mary. She is a woman full of courage, hope, and strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cool happening! I'm glad you are keeping her around as a symbol of good fortune. That seems right to me.

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gattina, this is extremely well-written. Congratulations on the style and balance. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an odd occurrence! I could use a little luck this way. I sure hope that just knowing you, the luck will rub off on me too! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My new house has a dishwasher, I hope it comes with a statue of Mary too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is quite a mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am surprised that the pilgrims and worshipers are not flocking to your door now that your dishwasher has been the site of a miracle ! Maybe it was the Christmas cake thing. Years ago I lost my wedding ring and after hunting all over we'd given it up for lost (and at the time, we certainly had no money to replace it). Eight months later, it showed up in the bottom of the kitchen sink. I called it a miracle, but Bill thought it must have been a serving dish or cooking pot that I hadn't used for all those months.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is quite puzzling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Myabe you should advertise this event and make pilgrims pay for a visit to the miracle site!....lol...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is very funny and cute. What a mystery. Your dishwasher may become a place of pligrimage.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is quite the miraculous event!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a delightful post and so magical ~ I believe it all ~ and of course the spirit is within ~ I am so glad to have you find 'Our Lady' in your dishwater ~ she is special to me because of people who were in my life.

    Wishing you a magical week ~ ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. now that IS a mystery, and a fun story to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love little mysteries like that!

    It makes me smile to think of you both puzzling that out!

    And maybe there will never be an answer...unless the little statue starts talking...ha.

    Thanks for warming my heart with this cute little story.

    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !