18 Mar 2016

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE

1. The sunny weather continued so in the afternoon, I cleaned a bit the entrance, my cat Arthur loves to dig in the bark for his personal needs and then I have the bark all over the white tiles.



He then was so kind and bring a mouse in the house, to show it to me and play with, I wanted to save the mouse, but unfortunately it didn't work and he disappeared with the mouse in our garden.

2. I had spent the afternoon on Nicole's terrace sunbathing, but well dressed the air was cool and Charlie was happy with his bone I had brought him.



3. When I returned home I heard in the radio that a search was made in the Brussels' municipality ForĂȘt or (Forest in Flemish) I thought that's nothing new they do it all the time, so why make such a fuss now about a search.

When I arrived home Mr. G. watched TV, he wanted to see his usual program but instead he saw policemen with black masks, soldiers, etc it looked like a movie ! We then were informed that when the police wanted to get into the apartment, somebody started to shoot. 4 policemen had some scratches and were taken to hospital, but not for long and one of the occupants of the apartment had been killed. That was the short version ! But unfortunately then the show started on TV, for 3 hours (we changed channel before) they were dramatizing the whole event. They repeated and repeated and each time the event became more colorful and more dramatic.

The world now knows another part of Brussels, not Molenbeek anymore but now also Forest. I thought if I only would listen or watch TV I would think that whole Brussels is in terrorist war ! It really looked so dangerous.

My cleaning lady who lives there, told me another story. Of course she had heard the police arriving, people going on the street to see what happened, they all chatted about the event, finally taking place life and not in the movies. But that was it. Of course the TV interviewed only people who were afraid. It's unbelievable, a simple story which probably would have taken two lines in the Newspapers is blown up by the press like a balloon,  as they thought it was related to the Paris attacks, they of course had to dramatize ! Business is business. Happy things are too boring and the quote of TV watchers would drop !

4. Our dear Oscar the lawn mower robot needed a check up, meanwhile it is already 3 years old. The shop where I had bought it doesn't exist anymore but I found one near Ilona's. We went to the shop and  afterwards we had coffee and discussed about making a trip together around the UK and Ireland.

5. In our painting class we made  quite some fun about the dramatized events in Forest, everybody complained about the TV report exaggeration and that all had changed to other channels or just switched off the TV. As there are still two men on the run, we thought about checking the retirement home where we have our class, if eventual they are not hiding in some old lady's room.



I started a new painting and in the afternoon I drove my neighbor to the hospital for her monthly eye shot.






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.

14 comments:

  1. Yes the media has a lot to answer for. Planning a mother trip...way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankfully we got the short version of the Brussels drama here so no TV shows were disrupted. Love the new painting with the "see all" eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't watch the Brussels drama here at my part of the world! It's worrying to hear terrorists appearing in quite a number of places. Our government is trying hard to prevent a terrorist attack happening here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It made the headlines on our regular news bulletins here. Glad to hear you are sorting out some travel plans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not my opinion but just from what I read. Most Euro terrorists have come from the areas you mention in Brussels. While I know what you are saying about media overkill, it is a serious problem in Belgium.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I almost never watch news on TV because of that reason...they dramatize and make it sound more shocking.
    Love the kitty painting. It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our BBC News was all about today's events in Brussels too. It looked very dramatic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope they can find the two who are fleeing the law. I hate when news interrupts the regular TV shows unless it's an emergency everyone needs to here about. Otherwise people can wait til the regular news comes on - or these days people who want to follow news can do so online. I was angry one day they interrupted regular programming to talk about a new coach in the area. Seriously, there was no need for that! Anyway - glad you found a place where Oscar could be fixed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our news reporters are even worse probably than yours -- we have these terrible 24/7 news channels (CNN and the terrible horrible FOX)... since there isn't enough going on they have to re-air every sensationalist story over and over and just like what you say they have to interview the people who are stupid and/or scared. The local news here in Florida is just as bad, but at least it is only one hour in the evening. We sometimes watch it, but never watch those 24-hour news channels, we know too many people who keep those channels on all day and it makes them crazy. They think the world is coming to an end. I blame a lot of our country's problems on those channels.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And today again Molenbeek ! And all the day ! Sounds Brussels is the center of the world today ! Hope Charly had a lot of fun with the bone !

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Brussels shooting made big news here also.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bad news travels everywhere.. and television stations everywhere thrive on it.

    Your Arthur is such a typical cat. Love me.. love my half dead mouse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how Arthur always brings you 'presents'. He sounds like a veer generous cat.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That dog seems huge! Love the sunlit cat photo. It really is something how the tv news can drone on and on. Hope they catch the criminals. have a good week Gattina.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !