24 May 2016

A WALK THROUGH BRUSSELS MARKET

On Saturday I went to the huge market "L'abattoir d'Anderlecht in Brussels.


At the entrance there are still the two bull statues standing from the ancient abattoir, which of course doesn't exist anymore and is used now as huge market place on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.





People from all Brussels' municipalities come here, the prices are very cheap.



There are also lots of little food stands or restaurants where you can eat Belgian specialities.




The market is very colorful !







It's even nice to go there when it rains as there are still the old building standing.





As you can see there is a big choice of all kind of vegetables !




more participants here

11 comments:

  1. The fruit and veggies look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gattina - magnificent bull statues. While the market looks to hold interesting stalls as well as fresh fruit and veg ... cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fruit and vegetable stalls look so colorful. The skies look blue too. I'm glad there are undercover counters as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures..Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could spend all day wandering around there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, this looks like a great market to buy fresh fruits and veggies. I would like to explore this marketplace.

    Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pictures! That market looks such a great place to visit. I can probably spend all day there :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool place to shop. It reminds me of the old Valletta indoor market which, sadly, is currently not being used.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The market looks wonderful; I love buying fresh fruit and veg that way! It's a feast for your eyes first. I'm glad you explained the history of this huge place. I thought I knew that the word abbatoire had something to do with butchering meat. Better the new use for it in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The products are really very colorful, and the fruits and vegies looking very fresh. How wonderful to be going there everytime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to go to Brussels! Someday. :) In the mean time, I'm going to admire your pictures of the market! It looks like it was a fun experience! I'd love to go peruse a market as big and full as that!

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !