13 Dec 2016

SUNRISE RESORT HURGHADA - EGYPT

Since 2008 each year I go in November to Hurghada at the red Sea in Egypt. Before we used to go to Sharm-el-Sheik, but most countries don't allow this destination anymore since a few years because of terrorist attack risks. So many faithful tourists used to Sharm el Sheik which was far more elegant, more beautiful and very much appreciated by divers have now moved to Hurghada ever since.

Hurghada was once a fairly small and unimposing fishing village, located next to the Red Sea and boasting a number of superb beaches. Today, the resort of Hurghada is almost unrecognizable from its past life and has grown to become the most visited tourist destination in the whole of Egypt, with more than 100 different hotels, many of which line the shoreline. Famous for its superb diving opportunities, Hurghada is especially appealing to those with little experience of scuba diving, who come to marvel at the underwater reefs and awesome marine life.

I always stay in the same hotel, the Sunrise Holiday Resort. It's cosy although big, has everything I need to resource myself and prepare me for the winter. I call it my "health cure".

So this was my world for the last 2 weeks I only came back on Saturday night.



View on Hurghada



The hotel



Fire escape steps



Water pipes smoking corner




The swimming pool



The beach



Inside the lobby little private spaces



Entrance hall and lobby on 3 levels



Last year the Christmas tree was there, many guests stay over Christmas and New Year. The hotel is booked out.



Streets




more participants here


6 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, but it's not a place I would want to stay in. Perhaps in a few years time though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely place to stay. You certainly looked to have had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed all your posts -- it is kind of fun catching up with your trip all at once. The hotel is beautiful; I'd enjoy a vacation there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always assumed the resort was on the Mediterranean but it isn't. It's on the Red Sea. While I know the internet is poor, do you have to pay for it now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Resort. I would love to run away and spend Christmas there.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !