11 Feb 2017

ABOUT PIGS

EDEN HILLS PHOTO HUNT IS HERE



The prompt for Stream of Consciousness Saturday is: “so/sow/sew.” Use one, use ’em all, use ’em any way you’d like. Bonus points if you start and end with any of them.

When I read the word "sow" I immediately had to think about my holidays with my grandparents when I was a child. They lived on the countryside in a little town, or big village and of course there were many farmers at that time. One of them once showed me a big sow, I had never seen before one that fat. He explained that the sow was expecting babies !! I was all excited and asked when that would happen, and so he promised me to tell my grandma when the piglets were born.

A few days later I was called and could admire a happy not so big anymore sow laying on one side with 10 or 12 little piglets stuck on her belly ! Were they cute with their little curly tails, I couldn't get enough of watching them. of course I was not allowed to take one out, because the sow could get very angry !




I have always loved pigs and I guess they loved me too. This one was very friendly, it was a little black sow which loved my shoes and followed me all around the place.

Sewing is another story, I once learned to sew in school, but once out of school I have never sewed again. It just wasn't for me. 







Link here


4 comments:

  1. Lovely that you have some wonderful memories of your childhood and Grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun you got to see the newborn piglets! Piggies sure are very cute. I adore their curly tails :-)
    I do some sewing when necessary, but I'm not very good at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to the farm must have been quite a learning experience for you. Bill raised pigs when he was a kid and he still loves them -- we always check them out when we go to Fairs.

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !