30 Jun 2017

FRIDAY's FAVE FIVE - FIVE ON FRIDAY

1.

We started the week with our Scrabble group, this time we went to Ilona. The weather cleared up and it became warm so we could sit outside and enjoyed her garden.

2. I helped Ilona to bring cartons and clothes to the charity shop in favour of battered women. Slowly her mother's apartment is nearly cleared out, she had so many clothes ! Like a film star, being so coquet at 93 is wonderful ! For the furniture somebody will come and take everything, the children and grandchildren didn't want any, antiques are not in fashion at all in the younger generation.

3. I did my last shopping for things I need for my trip to Ireland. It rained and the nature was happy, all flowers, plants and grass needed water badly.

4. We also had our last painting class with coffee and a cake and decided that we will continue to continue to paint without teacher during the holidays if the room is free. Otherwise 2 months is a long time. And then we love to be together. After the painting course 4 of us went to a restaurant, where the first mussels had arrived. We all had our mussels with chips the traditional Belgian plate. It was really delicious. The mussels were quite small this year but very tasteful.

5. When you are reading this I am on my way to Ireland. I have never been there so it will be quite an experience. The worst is the luggage as with Ryan air I am limited to 15 kgs in total, and I have to take warm and cool things with me as the weather is not stable at all ! I always hope that the weatherman is wrong. Here is a picture of the tour I will do.



I will post whenever I can, I take my little travel computer with me as always and will do a diary !






more participants at Susanne at Living to tell the Story.




14 comments:

  1. Hi Gattina - enjoy the trip and I certainly hope you have some wonderful weather in between Ireland's greening rain. It's a beautiful country - cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful break away. Ireland is a beautiful country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain while shopping for Ireland is getting you ready for Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to pick what to pack when the weather is unpredictable. Hopefully it will be warm and sunny :-) Have fun and I look forward to pictures from Ireland!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i know you are having a great time as I write and can't wait to hear more about ireland!! packing for uncertain weather is the hardest, even when you aren't limited by weight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have a great time in Ireland! That's great that the paint class will continue to meet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope you enjoy Ireland. You are definitely right to pack for all types of weather - it can be so unpredictable there. That's an ambitious tour. We went a few years ago but only to the Republic of Ireland not the Northern part. We loved it though and the highlight came at the end - we attended the wedding of a young couple I worked with at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you are enjoying your trip to Ireland. I am looking forward to seeing your photos and reading your diary posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you'll have a lot of stops in Ireland! I went with my family in the early 90's. We only went to the southern part.It was an awesome trip. I hope you use all the clothes you brought and didn't forget anything.

    2 months off is a long time to not paint or be with your group. I hope y'all are able to get together over the summer.

    Have a Fantastic trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope your trip is something wonderful and that you will share it with us soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a great trip you will be taking. The Cliffs of Moher were just stunning and I really loved Derry (or Londonderry, depending on who you talk to) as well. In fact, I loved everything on your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's wonderful that you get together often with friends for different activities. I'm excited to hear about your trip to Ireland! I went many years ago with my mother, and loved every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the sound of Illona's mom. She sounds like she was a wonderful and gracious lady. May she RIP. How great you're taking us on tour to Ireland! Bon voyage

    ReplyDelete
  14. This post reminds me we recently bought a scrabble set and haven't played it yet! Must teach the children how to play

    Thanks for joining in with Five on Friday, hope you have a wonderful week :)

    ReplyDelete

Dear Anonymous,
Please do not be shy and leave your name, otherwise you will end up in the bin !